Annual Fund

The Fund for Roland Park Country School

From jump ropes to microscopes, to a strong and active alumnae community, The Fund for Roland Park Country School helps provide valuable, lifelong opportunities. Donations to our Annual Fund are critical to the strength of our School. Support from our alumnae, parents, grandparents, employees, and friends is evident in what we do EVERY DAY.

For the 2016-2017 School Year, our goal is to raise $1.27 million.
Donations are tax deductible and every gift, of every size, truly makes a difference. 

Thank you for your support!

For more information, please contact :
Director of Annual Giving Erin Lears Richardson, 2001 at 410.323.5500 ext. 3058
 



The Head's Council

List of 9 items.

  • The Bouton Circle

    Named for Edward Bouton, general manager of The Roland Park Company, the Bouton Circle was established as the highest donor recognition level. It was Bouton’s vision for a school in the newly developed Roland Park Community and his recruitment of the Howard sisters that created the foundation of The Roland Park School for Boys and Girls in 1894. The Bouton Circle recognizes gifts of $50,000 and up.
  • The Dushane Society

    The highest donor recognition level is named for Nanna Duke Dushane, who was a dedicated and determined educator. As Roland Park Country School’s first headmistress from 1912 to 1922, Miss Dushane served as an exemplary role model for her colleagues, her students and her extended family, and positioned the School as a leader in the education of girls and young women. The Dushane Society acknowledges gifts of $25,000 to $49,999.
  • The Witz Council

    Recognizing the dedication and leadership of Herbert E. Witz, Board President from 1976 through 1982 who was instrumental in leading the relocation of the School after the devastating fire at the University Parkway campus in 1976, the Witz Council acknowledges gifts of $15,000 to $24,999.
  • The Castle Circle

    Named for Elizabeth M. Castle, the School’s second headmistress who led RPCS from 1922 to 1950, the Castle Circle was established to recognize gifts of $10,000 to $14,999. Starting with nine founding members, the club has experienced continued success. 
  • The 1894 Society

    Recognizing the year that Katherine and Adelaide Howard established “The Roland Park School for Girls and Boys,” which would later become incorporated as Roland Park Country School, this club honors donors of $7,500 to $9,999.
  • The Dohme Council

    Named for the first Roland Park Country School Board President, Dr. A.R.L. Dohme, whose estate, Chestnutwood, has been the home of RPCS since 1980, this club honors donors of $5,000 to $7,499.
  • The Healy Society

    Recognizing the leadership of Anne Healy, Headmistress from 1950 to 1975, the Healy Society acknowledges gifts of $2,500 to $4,999.
  • The Chapman Circle

    The leadership giving threshold is named for Bertha Chapman, the School’s founder and principal from 1901 to 1912. Miss Chapman set high standards for the School and for the students within her care. She was a progressive thinker who led the School with distinction during its formative years. The Chapman Circle acknowledges gifts of $1,500 to $2,499.
  • Young Alumnae Leadership Society

    The Young Alumnae Leadership Society recognizes young alumnae for their extraordinary financial contributions at a young age. Alumnae who have graduated within the past 10 years who have made a gift of $250 or more qualify for this society.

Donor Recognition Levels

List of 4 items.

  • The Chestnutwood Club

    In the tradition of the leading Baltimoreans who helped relocate RPCS to its present Chestnutwood campus after the 1976 fire, membership in this club honors donors of $1,000 to $1,499.
  • The Laurel Leaf Society

    Classical society honored the highest level of achievement with a crown of laurel. The laurel leaf stands alone at the center of the School’s seal to signify the high goals RPCS holds for its students. The Laurel Leaf Society members, donors of $500 to $999, make it possible for the School to encourage each student to reach her greatest potential.
  • The Poplars Club

    Named for the building which the School occupied from 1901 to 1916, The Poplars Club recognizes donors of $250 to $499.
  • The Hawthorn Circle

    Recalling the School’s first campus on Hawthorn Road from 1899 to 1901, the Hawthorn Circle is made up of donors who gave $100 to $249.

Additional Recognition

List of 2 items.

  • The Bell Society

    Named for the bell that sits in front of the Harris Center, which is rung on Commencement Day each year, The Bell Society recognizes those donors who have made gifts to the Annual Fund for the last 5 years or more.
  • The Rose Society

    Established in 2016, the Rose Society gratefully recognizes the generous donors who have demonstrated visionary leadership in the spirit of the School. Named for the tradition of seniors carrying 12 red roses at Commencement, The Rose Society acknowledges those donors who have made cumulative gifts of $100,000 or more to the School.