Middle School Process
- Complete an Application
- Make an Appointment to Visit RPCS
- Schedule Admissions Testing
- Request Common School Referral Forms
- Request School Transcript
- Complete Merit Scholarship Application (Optional)
In order to complete our secure online application, you will need an account and password.
- If you already have an account and password, click the button below to log in and continue your application.
- If you are a new user, click on "Create an Account."
- If you have previously created an account but have forgotten your password, reset your password here by selecting the "Forgot your password?" link.
The application deadline is December 16, 2019.
Student: Once you have completed an application, all applicants to grades 6-8 are invited to a Visiting Day where they will attend classes with an RPCS student hostess, meet other students, teachers, the Middle School Division Head and members of the Studio and Performing Arts and Athletics communities. Each student will have an interview with a member of the Admissions Committee.
Other things to know:
- What to wear: Comfortable attire. If you have a school uniform, you can wear it — many visitors do.
- What to bring: You don’t need to bring any school materials with you. Bring any medications/inhalers that may be needed over course of your visit. We will also let the nurse know of medical concerns.
- Lunch: Snack and lunch are provided. If you feel more comfortable bringing your own lunch, you may — but our Dining Hall has amazing food!
Parents & Guardians: Parents and Guardians are invited to learn more about RPCS from 8:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. the morning of your daughters visit. There will be a faculty led tour of RPCS followed by a roundtable discussion with our Head of School, Caroline Blatti. If you are unable to join us the day your daughter is visiting, please contact the Admissions Office to schedule another time to visit campus.
Students applying for grades 6-8 are required to take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE).
To register for the ISEE, click here. Testing will be available at RPCS on Saturday, November 23, 2019 and Saturday, January 11, 2020, although it is not required to take the exam at RPCS.
Remember to request that the ISEE results be sent to RPCS!
RPCS will need to receive ISEE scores on or before January 17, 2020.
Submit the Common School Referral Forms to your daughter’s current school to be completed by her teachers and emailed or mailed directly to the RPCS Admissions Office. We require Common School Referral Forms from her English and Math teachers or homeroom teacher.
Please complete after November 15, 2019 but before January 17, 2020.
Submit an Authorization Form to your daughter’s current school for the release of school records/transcripts. The forms are to be sent directly to RPCS from her current school.
Please submit after December 1, 2019 but before January 17, 2020.
2019-2020 IMPORTANT DATES
December 16 – Application Due
January 3 – Financial Aid Application Due
January 17 – Admissions File Complete
February 21 – Admissions Notification Day
April 21 – Spring Open House