Lower School Process
- Complete an Application
- Schedule Your Visit to RPCS
- Schedule Admissions Testing
- Request Common School Referral Forms
- Request School Transcript
- Testing Days
- Our application process requires two visits to campus. The separate meetings/days allow us to keep the meeting times short and developmentally appropriate, and they also enable us to really get to know each of the girls. We have found that the girls really enjoy the types of activities they get to be part of on each of the days.
- On the small group academic readiness assessment day, your daughter will join five other applicants her age, and we will work together in a small comfortable setting. While she is testing, you will have the opportunity to tour the Middle and Upper Schools and meet with the Head of School, Caroline Blatti, and the Head of Lower School, Lisa Teeling. Lindsay Sisson, Director of Enrollment Management will also be available. For your reference, the dates available for the group assessments are listed – note the kindergarten and first grade groups are scheduled on different dates.
- On the individual assessment day, the girls will be working one on one with Shana Ward, our Lower School Testing Coordinator. The individual assessment allows us to see how the girls think and reason and solve problems. The girls seem to have fun and really enjoy the different activities. Once you have submitted your daughter's application, April Carroll, Assistant Director of Admissions, will contact you to schedule your individual assessment visit.
Applicants are invited to a student visiting day where they will attend classes with an RPCS student hostess and meet other students, teachers and the Lower School Division Head. This is a required part of our admissions process.
The Admissions Office must receive the application and the application fee before testing is scheduled.
2nd - 4th Grade Applicants:
Students applying to grades 2-4 will test at RPCS on Saturday, January 11, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Once you have completed an application, we invite you to register for her admissions test. You will be able to register in your daughter's application to RPCS. Applicants may test at RPCS or have approved test scores sent to us from another school.
5th Grade Applicants:
Students applying for grade 5 take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) test. RPCS has ISEE testing on Saturday, November 23, 2019 or Saturday, January 11, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 12 pm. To register for the ISEE testing, click here. If students are unable to test at RPCS on the dates above, they are able to take the ISEE at other area independent schools. Those dates can be obtained online or by calling 800-446-0320. Parents should request that the ISEE results be sent to RPCS.
Submit a Common School Referral Form to your daughter's current school, to be completed by her homeroom teacher and mailed directly to the RPCS Admission Office:
Submit an Authorization Form to your daughter's current school for the release of school records/ transcripts. The forms are to be sent to RPCS directly from her current school.
2019-2020 Important Dates
December 16: Application Deadline
January 6: Financial Aid Application Deadline
February 21: Admissions Notification Day
March 1: Lower School Re-Visit Day (Grades 2-5)
April 21: Spring Open House
Kindergarten Group Assessment Days (9:30-11:00 a.m.)
September 25, 2019 October 25, 2019
November 13, 2019
November 19, 2019
December 13, 2019 December 17, 2019
January 16, 2020
January 22, 2020
First Grade Group Assessment Days (9:30-11:00 a.m.)
December 3, 2019 January 17, 2020
January 15, 2020 January 23, 2020
Lower School Walking Talking Tours