Lower School Process
- Complete an Application
- Schedule Your Visit to RPCS
- Schedule Admissions Testing
- Request Common School Referral Forms
- Request School Transcript
- Testing Days
- Our application process requires two visits to campus. The separate meetings/days allow us to keep the meeting times short and developmentally appropriate, and they also enable us to really get to know each of the girls. We have found that the girls really enjoy the types of activities they get to be part of on each of the days. Once you have submitted your daughter’s application, April Carroll, Assistant Director of Admissions, will contact you to schedule both of these visits.
- On the small group academic readiness assessment day, your daughter will join five other applicants her age, and we will work together in a small comfortable setting. While she is testing, you will have the opportunity to tour the Middle and Upper Schools and meet with the Head of School, Caroline Blatti, and the Head of Lower School, Lisa Teeling. Lindsay LaRue, Director of Enrollment Management will also be available. For your reference, the dates available for the group assessments are listed – note the Kindergarten and 1st grade groups are scheduled on different dates.
- On the individual assessment day, the girls will be working one on one with Shana Ward, our Lower School Testing Coordinator. The individual assessment allows us to see how the girls think and reason and solve problems. The girls seem to have fun and really enjoy the different activities.
For applicants to Grades 2-5
- Applicants are invited to a student visiting day where they will attend classes with an RPCS student hostess and meet other students, teachers and the Lower School Division Head, and is a required part of our admissions process.
The Admissions Office must receive the application and the application fee before testing is scheduled.
2nd - 4th Grade Applicants:
Students applying to Grades 2-4 will test at RPCS on Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 9:00 am -12:00 pm. Please call the Admissions Office to sign up for this testing date. Applicants may test at RPCS or have approved test scores sent to us from another school.
5th Grade Applicants:
Students applying for Grade 5 take the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE) test. RPCS has ISEE testing on Saturday, November 17, 2018 or Saturday, January 5, 2019 from 9:00 am -12:00 pm. To register for the ISEE testing, click here. If students are unable to test at RPCS on the dates above, they are able to take the ISEE at other area independent schools. Those dates can be obtained online or by calling 800-446-0320. Parents should request that the ISEE results be sent to RPCS.
Submit a Common School Referral Form to your daughter's current school, to be completed by her homeroom teacher and mailed directly to the RPCS Admission Office:
Submit an Authorization Form to your daughter's current school for the release of school records/ transcripts. The forms are to be sent to RPCS directly from her current school.
2018-2019 Important Dates
October 14 - Middle and Upper Schools Fall Open House
December 14 - Application Deadline
January 2 - Financial Aid Application Deadline
February 22 - Notification Date
March 1 - Lower School Re-Visit Day (Grades 2-5)
March 5 - Middle School Re-Visit Day
March 6 - Upper School Re-Visit Day
April 23 - Spring Open House
Kindergarten Group Assessment Days (10:00-11:30am)
October 26, 2018
November 8, 2018
November 28, 2018
December 12, 2018
January 18, 2019
January 23, 2019
1st Grade Group Assessment Days (10:00-11:30am)
December 3, 2018
January 15, 2019
Lower School Walking Talking Tours