FACILITY USE AND RENTAL POLICIES
1. Fee: A non-refundable deposit is due within 14 days of the signed agreement, with the balance due thirty (30) days before the event unless otherwise agreed upon. Failure to pay rental charges may result in cancellation on and/or additional charges.
2. Security Deposit: In the event that the renter does not use the facility or the event does not occur, for any reason that is not attributable to Roland Park Country School, this deposit shall be deemed non-refundable.
3. Insurance: All rentals require certificate of general liability insurance that names Roland Park Country School as an additional insured in the minimum amount of one million dollars due before your event. Failure to provide insurance will result in the cancellation of the booking.
4. Hold Harmless: Renter expressly agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Roland Park Country school, its officers, employees, students and agents from all cost and/or expenses arising out of any liability or claim of liability for injury or damage to persons resulting directly or indirectly from their participation in renter's use of the property, regardless of whether such use was authorized or not, and regardless of whether the liability or claim of liability arises out of the act or omission of renter.
5. Cancellation Policy: Must be made in writing and received thirty (30) days before the event. Roland Park Country School reserves the right to cancel events due to unforeseen circumstances in which a full refund will be made.
6. Remedies for Non-payment: If rental fees and payments are not received when due, the School reserves the right to refuse use of the facilities named above. If the School takes legal action to collect any expenses, costs, fees or charges due, renter agrees that the School shall be entitled to, and renter agrees to pay, all legal costs and fees, including but not limited to, all reasonable attorney’s fees, court costs and other related expenses which are incurred by the School in such action, notwithstanding the lack of prior notice to the undersigned as to the amount of such fees, court costs and related expenses.
7. Rental Time: Extra staff time and/or extra rental time will be charged to your account. For large events, rental time must include time for set up, decoration, take down, and facility clean up. Any requests to modify dates, times, rooms, equipment, etc., to an existing contract must be made in writing prior to the event. Any fees incurred due to the amendment will be payable immediately.
8. Cleaning and Damage: The renter is responsible for clean-up. All rooms, corridors, bathrooms, etc., must be returned to their original condition of cleanliness. Damage expenses (other than reasonable wear and tear) may be charged to your account.
9. Maintenance/Security Staff: Additional staff may be required if the activity is held outside the posted hours of the facility or if the nature of the event makes their presence necessary. Staff is on duty to assist the client and for facility safety. The Facility Manager will determine the number of staff required. In some cases, and at the renter's expense, the services of a professional security firm may be required based on the type of event and the number of participants. Renter's are responsible for setup, clean up, and take down of any equipment used.
10. Food: If food/refreshments are to be sold, only packaged goods are allowed. Food preparation is strictly prohibited.
11. Decorations: No rice, confetti, birdseed, latex balloons, or other substances may be thrown in or around the facility. Decorations must be flame retardant and fastened in an approved manner. Lighted candles, incense and open flames are not permitted.
12. Additional Hours for Squash: Additional hours may be added upon availability and can be invoiced at the end of the season. Weekend rate per hour is $55.
13. Squash Parking: Vehicles may not be parked on Tower Lane or in the immediate area surrounding the courts as a courtesy to our neighbors. Address: 10 Tower Lane, Baltimore, MD 21210.
Roland Park Country School requires proof of general liability insurance to cover events held in our facilities for meetings, conferences, sports camps/clinics, or other special functions. The acceptable form of insurance documentation is a certificate of insurance of a minimum of $1 million in coverage limits and includes Roland Park Country School as the certificate holder and as an additional named insured for the event and use of the facilities.